Deploying a Create-React-App Website to Netlify with HTTPS
and click yes to everything!
Is that it?
Yeah pretty much. This process creates a fork of https://github.com/netlify-labs/deploy-create-react-app (simply a site that has the output of
npx create-react-app deploy-create-react-app) that you can then clone locally and edit. When you’re done and
git push origin master, your changes will be automatically redeployed.
What do I get?
- SSL out of the box
- Free Custom Domains (you can buy a domain there or use one bought elsewhere)
- Continuous Deployment
- Redirects useful for Single-Page-Apps!
Other ways to deploy
These Deploy Buttons are merely one way to deploy to Netlify.
- If you have an existing repo on GitHub/GitLab/BitBucket you can simply create a new site from that repo.
- If you have a local project you can use the Netlify CLI and run
netlify initto initialize a site.
- If you don’t want to use Netlify’s buildbot and continuous deploy you can run your own build and directly deploy a folder to production with
netlify deploy --prod
This tutorial was made in response to this Reddit thread.