Jan 2020 Recap
0 reactions 2020-02-05
Hello mailing list friends!
First things first: This mailing list will be changing frequency. I will be sending updates once a week instead of once a month, starting next Friday. Just wanted to give a heads up because it does change the expectations I originally set.
The good news is that I’m doing this because I’m writing a lot more. I didn’t have much to report for December (didn’t end up getting very far with Rails, just didn’t spark joy), but hit a good streak in January writing something every day.
Some highlights from the past 2 months:
- Why I Enjoy Svelte: Reasons I enjoy Svelte, despite not using it for work
- Svelte Zen Garden: reigniting the Zen Garden era with modern technology
- Optimistic, Offline-First Apps: This is my attempt adapting an Amplify DataStore tutorial to Svelte
- Best Practice Open Source Repo Setup: Quick and simple ways to set up Open Source Repos with Best Practices
- The Many Jobs of JS Build Tools: A discussion of why JS developers use build tools like Webpack and what we do with them, for new JS developers.
- Non Technical
- Favorite Podcasts: 250 Podcasts I enjoy listening to
- Two Words: The best way to sell to, brand, persuade, or inspire people is to condense your idea down to Two Words.
- Collapsing Layers: As Moore’s Law ends, devices multiply, and software becomes critical to life, we must take another look at our full stack for continued gains in efficiency, reliability and security.
- CFP Advice: Some thoughts on writing your first few CFPs
- The Ultimate Hack for Learning In Public: for people wanting to #LearnInPublic faster
I’m still in my product rotation at work, so I haven’t done any speaking. In fact this year I’m mostly only doing remote talks, trying to travel less. (Hit me up if you organize a remote event!)
That’s it from me. All the best for your February, all 29 days of it!