Netlify Year One - 360 Review
0 reactions 2019-08-31
I thought I would write a quick coda to my Netlify Year One Recap. That post was entirely me looking back at myself. It’s helpful to see what others said about me at my review.
- Shares knowledge
- Hard worker, prolific, motivated
- Great eye for new features and developer experience
- Constantly thinking about how to drive Netlify forward in terms of business goals, product features and community engagement
- Live and breathe the JS and particularly React landscape. Bridge gap with community.
- Attentive to trends, new developments and the pulse of the community
- Jump on tasks
- Articles that are topical and interesting
Basically people think I:
- move fast and skip steps
- dont provide enough context in issues or externally
- In particular, longer explanations to customers, not imperative: do this, do that
- provide more context in GH repos
- am not engaged in calls/dont value others contributions to conversations/dont pay attention when others are speaking
- working on too many things at once
People want me to turn technical acumen into technical leadership.
I had a comment that “sometimes has a tendency to pursue his own avenues of interest and focus”. I have no intention to change this.
- TAKE THINGS IN. LISTEN. ATTENTIVE.
- COMMUNICATE EXPLAIN AT LENGTH AND DELIBERATIVELY.
- Continue to give thoughtful compliments in public to analyze what I like about what they do, breaking apart what they did.