Make your own Dev.to CMS livestream - Part 2
This is day 2 of my livecode Dev.to CMS. See Day 1 here
Source: https://github.com/sw-yx/dev-to-cms Demo: https://dev-to-cms.now.sh
- Syntax Highlighted Editors (Monaco, Prism.js, finally Highlight.js)
- React Hook Form: https://react-hook-form.com/
- React Query: https://github.com/tannerlinsley/react-query
- Tailwind UI: https://tailwindui.com/
Here is the YouTube livestream (3 hours).
For the 1st half, it was pretty easy going. I was mostly pulling components off of Tailwind UI and assembling an editor!
For the 2nd half, I mainly faced issues with trying to integrate Monaco and then Prism.js. Finally landed on Highlight.js.
Catch up on the Dev.to CMS LiveStream!
- Day 1 - Setup Next.js and Tailwind UI, list posts through API routes - 90 mins
- Day 2 - setting up a Markdown Editor with Next.js, Tailwind UI, Highlight.js, React Hook Form, and React Query - 3 hours
- Quick Fix - How To Add Monaco Editor to a Next.js app - 18 mins
- Day 3 - Refactoring to Edit Existing Posts - 3 hours
- Day 4 - Polish Day! Implementing Notifications, Markdown preview, and programmatic Redirects, and Using Web Components in Next.js - 3 hours
- Instant GraphQL with OneGraph - Screenshares in Public with Sean Grove - refactoring handrolled Dev.to API access with OneGraph and GraphQL
- How and Why to Un-Reset Tailwind’s CSS Reset